Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the whole feeling that surrounds Christmas -- how people are kinder, slower to judge and look for the best in others. I love the lights, the decorations, the smells, the colors, the music, and the get-togethers. I'm always a little bit sad when it's time to take all of the decorations down. Perhaps that's part of the reason I'm so slow to write our Christmas post... I'm hoping to extend those feelings as long as possible!
Since we are unable to travel with Crewe during respiratory season, we had planned on a quiet Christmas at home with just our family. We knew it would be fun with the boys, but Chris and I were both longing for the feeling that comes with being around extended family during the holidays. Christmas and family just go together. A few days before Christmas Chris's parents told us their plans for the holiday had changed and wondered if they could join us at our house. Mom and Dad Calvert arrived on Christmas Eve afternoon and stayed for almost a week. I think it was the most enjoyable visit we've had so far with them.
On Christmas Eve we loaded the car with treats, put santa hats on the boys and started on our annual tradition of delivering goodies to our friends. It was nice to have Mom and Dad join us and especially to help us sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas." After we got home, we fixed our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner -- steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes and salad. After dinner the boys opened up their Christmas PJs and went to bed. And no, they didn't let me get a single good picture of the two of them!
Christmas morning was more fun that I thought it would be. Calahan was WAY more into Christmas than I expected for a 19 month old. Let's just say that he COMPLETELY grasps the concept of gifts. And for the record, clothes don't really qualify as gifts in his mind. He was immediately drawn to the gift Santa left for him, a little bike. He'll like it even more when he grows enough to reach the pedals! Crewe didn't really know what was going on, but sure had fun watching everything.
For Christmas Dinner we went to the home of our good friends, the Maughans. Bob made an incredible turkey, homemade gravy and artichokes to die for. The food was so scrumptious and the company even better. Calahan got a kick out of their darling dog, Bailey.
After Christmas we enjoyed hanging out with Mom and Dad Calvert, playing rook, watching Calahan "dance," and listening to Dad call everyone in his address book to wish them a Merry Christmas.
Here are a few photos from the season.
Crewe in his Christmas jammies.
Crewe SO excited to be at the Maughans (his first venture to someone else's home)
Dad, Mom and Calahan enjoying Ebelskivers filled with raspberry jam. Thanks to the Sants for the special pan, mix and jam. These are SO yummy!
c.jpg)
1 comment:
those kids are soooo adorable camille! i can't wait to come back in April!
Post a Comment