Thanks to everyone who played along. Here are the correct answers:
1) Which of the following "dips" does Calahan NOT like?
Mayo
Cal is known as our little dipper. He will eat almost anything if he can dip it. We often ask him if he'd like some ketchup with his hot dog, some chicken with his BBQ sauce and quesadilla with his salsa.
2) Who is Calahan's favorite Signing Time character?
Hopkins

3) What is Cal's favorite thing to say?
All done
Cal is a little analyzer and loves to tell us when something has finished (or he wants it to finish). All done is usually a good thing unless we are at a restaurant and he proclaims "all done" before we've even ordered our food!
4) Calahan enjoys all of the following activities EXCEPT:
Riding in the stroller
Much to my chagrin, Calahan hates being constrained when out in public. Shopping carts, high chairs, and strollers are all trouble. Surprisingly, Cal has learned to love brushing his teeth (if you give him enough baby toothpaste on the brush).
5) Which of the following has Cal NOT done:
Smeared vaseline all over the window in his bedroom (thank goodness)
Here's a little view of the oatmeal incident:
And here's a look at his hair after the bath gel incident. I think it was an honest attempt to gel his hair that went bad. Even though this happened in October, our carpet still smells like Molton Brown's black pepper.
6) How many ASL signs does Cal do on a regular basis?
More than 50.
Calahan has saved both of us a lot of frustration because he can tell us what he wants in sign when he can't say it. We've really stepped up our emphasis on sign since Crewe is going to have a speech delay and we will all need to communicate with him this way for a least a little while.
7) Cal's favorite musical instrument is:
The Drums
I thought this phase might pass, but it hasn't! Cal loves to beat on the drums. He can actually keep a beat and also loves to tap his hand on his leg to the beat of music. I've got to get a video of this because it's so cute.
Thanks again for playing along. This is such a fun age. I wish I could just press the pause button.
c.jpg)
3 comments:
I won? I can't believe I actually won, wooohooo!! I thought this was a really fun idea by the way. It was a great way to know Cal more. We will take the Chick-fila gift card. We love a little cluck-cluck (this is the code word so the kids don't know where we are going if there will be a delay in getting there) time at our house.
Fun game! Isn't this a great age? Busy, messy, but fun.
I think I better find out what channel it is here in Utah that they teach Sign language so I will be able to be a participant when I visit.
Loved the pictures again.
Thanks for doing all this.
Congrats to Annie.
Love to all,
Nana
Post a Comment