For the most part, I have kept the posts on our blog on the lighter side. Lately I find myself more serious and reflective than usual. I feel so grateful for the many blessings in my life. Yet, at the same time I have never been more concerned about the future of my children specifically, youth and children in general and of our great country.
When I entered the blogging world my main purpose was to provide regular updates to family and friends living far away. As time goes by, I also see it as a way to create a record for my children that may lend insight to them in the future as to how their mother and father view the world and arrive at some of their decisions. So please forgive me for my being a little (or a lot) personal... and possibly heavy. Here are some of the things that have been or are on my mind:
- Friends and acquaintances my age who are fighting or have lost a fight with cancer. These are tremendous wives and mothers like my friend Heather who have so much to offer their children and the world.
- Processed and genetically engineered food and how it impacts our overall health. I've been doing some research lately that honestly makes me want to live on a farm and raise my own crops and animals!
- The horrendous health care bills in Congress. As a mother of an un-insurable baby with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses, I'm one of the first to say that we need reform. However, the proposals currently in Congress are far, far from the right answer, and, if adopted, will not only make the healthcare problem worse and place a tremendous financial burden on us and our children, but it will fundamentally transform our country for the worse.
- Youth and how they see the world around them. Perhaps it's my church assignment in YW, but I really think about how they get and process information about everything happening in the world.
- How God is involved in the intimate details of our lives. More than ever I see God's hand in my life and that of others. More on that in a future post.
- Loves all things TRAIN. Especially Thomas the Train. When he talks in his sleep he's usually talking about Thomas!
- Sings [and talks] constantly. I often catch him singing the Bob the Builder theme song in our shower (he loves the way it sounds in there).
- Would live at the park if we let him. Oh yea, and he likes to eat dirt!
- Is officially mobile. No more commando crawling for him. He's on all fours and he's getting fast!
- Can say "mama!" Is there a sweeter word in any language? I don't think so.
- Loves to flirt and knows how to work it with his eyes. Just ask the ladies who work at the Scottsdale Chick-fil-A.
c.jpg)
3 comments:
Great post! I can't wait to see all of you next week.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well as the pictures. I join you in all your concerns, but also join you in faith that Christ is aware of these things and though it may be tough, He will help us through them all.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I love all of you so very much.
Nana
Much to think about and be grateful for these days indeed. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment