Cooler weather, yes. Beautiful scenery, yes. Relaxing, no. Quiet, no. A test of my patience, you bet.
Calahan was in meltdown mode for nearly the entire trip. On Saturday morning after multiple screaming escapes from the breakfast table, my motherly intuition led me to think that a trip to Sea World would make his day. Boy was I wrong. After just a couple of hours at the park we had to carry him out because he was screaming and pretending like he couldn't walk.
Waiting in line for a ride that lasts two minutes and then having to get off is just not a concept this two-year old grasps. And, he was more interested in the equipment required to see the animals than in the animals. Who wouldn't want to play on the moving walkway when their are rare and cool-looking penguins from the arctic to see?
After we left Sea World, we headed to the hotel so that the Calamonster could take a nap, often the best medicine for a meltdown. He refused to go to sleep. Even for a minute.
Thankfully, we had planned to get together on Saturday night with my BIL Chad and SIL Dorene who were visiting in the area also. Seeing family on Saturday night was the highlight of our trip. In fact, it ended up being a family reunion of sorts with Bobby, Courtnee and TJ all popping in also.
Cal was relieved to see Dallin and he took a break from meltdown mode to play with one of his favorite cousins.Sunday was slightly better. Walking around the temple grounds was the best part. Calahan was calm and loved all of the grass (an exotic luxury for those who live in AZ). It's nice to be home now.
c.jpg)
4 comments:
Sounds like it was an adventure for sure. Our kids don't like rides so we have never even shown them that Sea World had rides it is just a large zoo for us. They can't get enough of the Pet Show which after one showing mom and Dad have already had too much which if you have ever been you know what I mean. Hopefully now you are at home means the Calamonster got left in San Diego.
Sorry the meltdown didn't end sooner, but I was glad to see Chris and Camille still smiling. You are terrific, amazing and wonderful parents. I loved the pictures. Hope you all have recovered from the "vacation".
I love you all,
Nana
Oh, life is such a constant adventure with kids! I love how you've documented both the good and the challenging, yep, always something to look back on! San Diego is still a good idea, best place year round. Especially when escaping from Phoenix in the summer! (Utah is also nice, I think Cal and Crewe would like the boat! hint hint)
crewe boy looks so cute in the picture with him covering his mouth. I miss him to much! love you guys!
Post a Comment