Laughing, babbling, and crying...from Crewe! Crewe's ENT and pulmonologist recommended him for a speaking valve this week. This valve (shown above) fits on the end of his trach tube and will allow Crewe to still breath in through the trach, but force him to exhale through his mouth. The result is more air passing through the vocal cords. More air means more sounds! It has been ordered and should arrive sometime next week. We can't wait.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
We'll be hearing a lot more...
Laughing, babbling, and crying...from Crewe! Crewe's ENT and pulmonologist recommended him for a speaking valve this week. This valve (shown above) fits on the end of his trach tube and will allow Crewe to still breath in through the trach, but force him to exhale through his mouth. The result is more air passing through the vocal cords. More air means more sounds! It has been ordered and should arrive sometime next week. We can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
c.jpg)
3 comments:
I am so excited! I can't wait to hear his sounds when we see you all! Congratulations! and thanks for the blessing of massage.
Wow, Are you ever getting an education. I didn't know such a thing was available, but I am so happy he is eligible for it. I would like to see his face when he makes that first sound.
Calahan will be able to teach him a lot of sounds as soon as Crewe gets the hang of it. I love you Calahan.
And I love the rest of you too.
Nana
I love hearing how each of you are navigation through life! I'll tell you, the roads are different for each of us and I've learned that there is rarely a clear view ahead! We love all that you share with us on your specific journey! Your family is so wonderful and darling! We're looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment