Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy 40th, Chris!

The world became a better place on April 7, 1969 at 2:33 pm when Chris was born in Denver, Colorado. Congratulations on achieving the big four-O, CJ! As the saying goes, 40 is the new 30. In celebration of this milestone, here are 30 fun facts about Chris:

1. A Seinfeld Trivia champion (go ahead, test his knowledge next time you talk with him).
2. Can ride a unicycle.
3. Passionate about good music, especially from the 70s and 80s.
4. Can't stand mushrooms.
5. Never pays retail for anything (I like to call him Christopher Never-pay-Retail Calvert).
6. Loves architecture and if he could redo his schooling, would get a degree in architecture.
7. Card-carrying Costco member.
8. A night owl who gets some of his best creative inspirations in the wee hours of the morning.
9. Early adopter of technology (if he doesn't have the latest and greatest, he knows about it).
10. Loves to travel and has collected over 100 key chains from the places he has been.
11. Goes crazy for cupcakes.
12. Survived a fall out of a building and into a dumpster.
13. Knows most of the classic Sesame Street songs by heart (ask him to sing you one, he's got a great voice).
14. An excellent cook and the only authorized maker of mashed potatoes in our house.
15. Knows life is good when he can take a mid-morning nap.
16. An entrepreneur at heart. In fact, he had a thriving DJ business even before he was old enough for a driver's license.
17. Avid ebayer who would buy groceries on ebay if he could.
18. Plays the drums.
19. Loves a good fountain drink (he knows all of the clerks at our local Circle K by name!)
20. Has a knack for color and design (check out his home office that he built and designed by himself).
21. Taught his cat Georgi how to meow on demand
22. Has to have a chocolate frosted King Sooper's donut within 24 hours of visiting Denver (or else things could get ugly!)
23. Good with his hands (check out some of the projects he has made like our bed).
24. Often predicts consumer product inventions long before they hit the market.
25. Has more patience than anyone I know (handy thing to have when married to me!)
26. Doesn't think it's "hot" outside until the temperature is above 103.
27. Feels better when he has a clean garage.
28. Majored in communications and co-authored a textbook on the subject.
29. Composes silly songs about our two little guys that get everyone laughing.
30. Still has a full head of hair at age 40!

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy B-Day and cheers to a fabulous 40! You are an amazing dad -- just thought I would add that since it wasn't on the list. Have a Great Day!

Melissa said...

What a fun list! I enjoyed reading it and learning lots about Chris. I'd love to see him and Brian go head-to-head on Seinfeld trivia...

Happy 40th!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Wish we could be with you guys to celebrate. I think I need to enlist you on my ebay efforts. I always lose! Happy Birthday!

Sherrie Martineau said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I loved reading the great hings about you.... you're quite an accomplished guy! Here's a few more I would add:
- When he's visiting he always tells Milo (our cat) good night.
- loves mexican food
- known for enjoying nice cars, escpecially when purchased on ebay!
-doesn't like winter and is perfectly suited for Arizona!
-is a great host!
thanks for making us feel welcome.

Happy Birthday!