Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nurse Dore to the Rescue

My SIL Dorene ROCKS! When she heard that Chris would be traveling to Philly last week and that I'd be trying to shuffle lots of Crewe appointments with Calahan in tow, she thoughtfully volunteered to fly in from Denver and help me out. And a huge help she was. Uncle Sam especially thanks her because our taxes probably wouldn't have gotten done without her taking care of the kiddos.

We affectionately refer to Dorene as Nurse Dore since she spent so much time at the NICU with me after Crewe was born. She's official with real operating room scrubs from Phoenix Children's. These scrubs weren't purchased; they were earned! She earned them one morning when Crewe wet all over her. Crewe soaked her pretty well for such a little guy and his nurse, Patty, tracked down a pair of scrubs for Dorene to change into.

Nurse Dore is also famous for her chocolate mousse and left us a whole bowl full. Thanks, Dorene! I can't believe I didn't get a photo of her in her scrubs this trip. Here she is with Crewe at Chris's b-day bash.

No comments: