Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Friend Amazon

Having two kids under two has forced me to be creative with some of my shopping lately. It doesn’t take too many trips to the store with Crewe and all of his equipment to realize that there’s not much space left in the cart for purchased items -- especially large items. And, all of you with kids know that diapers take up a lot of space.  So… I looked into purchasing diapers online (between Cal and Crewe, we go through 450-500 diapers every month).

What I found surprised me – I can purchase diapers for less than I pay at a warehouse store, not pay any sales tax (8% here in AZ), AND get them delivered for FREE! Amazon.com is the ticket.  I ordered diapers on Monday and they arrived at my front door today for about $15 less than I would have paid locally… and I didn’t have to haul them in and out of my car trunk in 100+ degree weather!

5 comments:

Wendie said...

I am an Amazon fanatic!! Seriously it's the best thing on earth (for shopping). And, oh, Prime membership - totally worth it!!! Free 2-day shipping. That's way more convenient than the store and I don't have to deal with annoying sales people. When I heard that they are now building a distribution center here in Vegas, I did a leap of joy. Even faster shipping!! Yea for Amazon!

Anne Marie said...

Brilliant, sheer brilliance!

Mom said...

Thank you for letting me in on this tip!

Brittany said...

The internet is my friend, where else can you find such great deals?

Janae said...

Oh my gosh! With twins coming and no new car on the way yet that will fit them a stroller, and significant shopping this is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing it.