Calahan is growing like a weed – both physically and mentally. He is getting taller, his hair is beginning to fill in, and he now has two molars. He also seems to be learning something new everyday and regularly entertains us with his new skills and attempts at new skills.
Calahan is a total organizer. In the bathtub today, he separated his rubber ducks from the rest of his tub toys. He also likes to be clean. He hates to have anything between his toes, and although he loves to go outside, he can’t stand to be outside barefoot.
He is also a multitasker. He cracked me up the other day when he climbed onto his rocking dog with his sippy cup in one hand and his hairbrush in the other hand and then proceeded to rock while drinking his juice and brushing his hair! He loves his sippy cups and can often be found running while drinking – I call it drunk driving!
Calahan loves books. His current favorites are ones with animals, different textures that he can feel, and flaps he can lift. He also loves any book that plays music or can be sung aloud. He can find almost any book by name.
One of his major accomplishments of the past few weeks is going to sleep entirely on his own (yipee!). We don’t have to rock him or sing multiple songs anymore to get him to go down for a nap! He will often tell us “night-night” and bring us his blanket to let us know he is tired. With a simple kiss and a “sleep good” he climbs into his crib and talks himself to sleep!
His vocabulary is growing. He regularly says about 10 words: dada (his favorite word), mama, night-night, nana, bye-bye, baby, eat, amen, Jesus, cheese, nose, and no-no-no (with the accompanying pointer finger). When he is not talking, he is signing. His favorite signs are more, all done, please, thank you, cracker, milk, drink, car, dog, ball, brush teeth, and wash hands.
c.jpg)
4 comments:
Cal is really growing up and has lost that baby look completely. Give Calahan and Crewe hugs and kisses from Grammy. See you soon.
So darling! Sounds a lot like a certain little someone at my house who's the same age. It's really a fun age - so much learning and developing! I love Calahan's multi-tasking and drunk driving abilities.
Loved the news about the boys and the pictures are darling. I can hardly wait to see them and hold them. I hope they will not be afraid of me. I remember how friendly Calahan was when you were here last. I am sure he won't remember me, but I hope he can feel the love I have for him. See all of you soon.
This is the best age, they learn so much each day and discover their own personality along the way.
Post a Comment