The cafeteria at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and I got to know each other well while Crewe was in the NICU. One of my favorite things they served there was a Chicken Philly Sandwich. I attempted to recreate it at home and it passed the test to make it into our meal rotation so I thought I’d share the recipe.
Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup red bell pepper strips
1 cup yellow or green bell pepper strips
1 cup vertically sliced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon Red Hot
4 sandwich rolls
4 (1-ounce) slices swiss cheese
Preparation
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan. Add red bell peppers, onion, vinegar and garlic to pan and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and pepper sauce and remove from heat.
Slice each roll in half horizontally, cutting to, but not through, other side. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 cup chicken mixture on bottom half of each roll, and gently press roll halves together. Place sandwiches in the oven to heat for a few minutes or steam in a warm skillet.
c.jpg)
2 comments:
How did you "figure this out"?!! Geesh, I'm impressed! I think you missed your calling in life - you're cut out for culinary school.
Hi, Camille!
Thanks for the recipe.... I'm excited to try it. I enjoy staying in touch with you through your blog. I'm glad Crewe is doing so well and we will keep him in our prayers as he has his surgery and MRI. I'm thinking of you often!
Love,
Margaret
Post a Comment