Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 Months Already

We can pause live tv and satellite radio, but where’s the button to pause life?  I’d love to freeze my boys in time because time is simply going by too quickly. Crewe has already grown out of his 0-3 months clothes and is on the verge of going to size 3 diapers.

Crewe’s personality is starting to come alive.  He’s such a happy baby, smiling whenever he makes eye contact. He loves to be talked and sang to and will gaze into my eyes as long as I’m looking at him. He also loves to sleep next to me.  He’s becoming more and more aware of Calahan and has reserved the “worried look” for him instead of his dad.

Tickling his head and patting his bum are sure ways to get him to melt like butter and go to sleep.  He’s a very sound sleeper, surviving the vacuum cleaner and even Calahan’s 5:00 meltdowns. Tummy time is still a favorite and he’s quickly gaining strength. He can roll from side to side, but doesn’t seem interested in rolling over yet.

Crewe doesn’t seem to know that he has any swelling in his face or even a trach. He is very patient whenever I suction his trach or clean around it and change the ties. His next procedure has been moved up to October 2. At that time he will have an MRI and laser surgery to remove some of the abnormal tissue around his voicebox.

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a cutie! He seems very pleased with his tummy time in this photo. I can't wait to see all of you next week.

Melissa said...

So sweet! I love his eyes - they are full of personality. It does go fast, doesn't it? I hope everything goes well with his next procedure.

Brittany said...

I can't beleive it has already been 3 months, he seems like such a happy baby. We will say a prayer for the next procedure, I am sure all will go well.