Crewe woke up from the anesthesia at about 7:00 pm tonight and gave me and Grammy a big smile. For the first time in several days the tape and tubes on his face are gone and we are able to see his whole smile. What a gift.
The trach will need to heal for the next 7-8 days before it is changed. If all goes according to plan, Crewe will begin his first round of injections shortly after the first trach change.
It is not easy for a mom to send her baby into surgery, but it was easier knowing that so many friends and family have been and are praying for our little guy.
c.jpg)
5 comments:
Oh I am so glad that everything went as planned. I am sure that was so nice to see his sweet little face, I can't wait to see him and meet him:) We love and miss you!
Glad everything went smoothly. It sounds like you guys are in good hands in many ways.
What a good report. We are glad things went smoothly. You are all in our prayers and will continue to be.
Thank you so much for the updates on your precious son! We have been so worried about all of you, and we are so glad to hear he came through surgery well. I tried to e-mail you guys, but it was returned, so I'm sorry we haven't been in touch. You have been in our thoughts and prayers, and I can't imagine what you have been going through! We love you all so much! Jenny, David and kids
Thank you for taking the time to update us on Crewe's progress. We're so glad his surgery went well. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment