Crewe Holmes Calvert was born Thursday, June 5th at 6:32 pm. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces and measured 20 inches long.
Crewe is a sweet boy who has already overcome much in his young life. He has a rare birth defect called cystic hygroma. The cystic hygroma causes fluid to build up in hundreds of pockets within his face and neck and can cause a serious obstruction to his breathing.
To manage issues with his airway at birth, he was delivered via risky c-section called an EXIT procedure. Crewe had quite the birthday party... there were 12 doctors and 10+ nurses in the operating room. Fortunately, the procedure went exactly as planned.
Because of Crewe's delicate condition, he is in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit at Phoenix Children's Hospital. It was torture to leave the hospital without our little guy, but we hope to bring him home soon.
c.jpg)
6 comments:
Wow, Camille. What an entrance! Congrats on little Crewe, I hope both of you are doing well and that he comes home soon. Please keep us posted.
Congratulations on your new addition, I agree what a way to greet the world. I am excited to hear about how much fun it is for his brother to see him and I hope he gets to come home soon.
Congratulations Chris and Camille! We hope that Crewe can come home with you soon, you are all in our prayers!
Congratulations Chris and Camille, we are thinking of you and you are all in our prayers, we love you!
Congratulations to your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I will call you next week and for sure want to bring you dinner. Hugs, we are praying for you all! (PS, I love his name!!)
Congrats Camille and Chris! What a cute little guy! We are all thinking of you and are in our prayers! And hope Crewe gets to come home soon.
Post a Comment