Friday, August 6, 2010

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

From the random category, today's thumbs up, thumbs down post:
  • Crocs. Until recently, these plastic shoes got a major thumbs down in my book. When I came across this crocodile printed pair, we decided to give crocs a chance. They now get a big thumbs up from me. Cal can get these on and off himself, they don't make his feet stink and you just rinse them off when they get dirty.
  • Lowe's Build & Grow Activities. These get two thumbs up. You can't beat this perfect father/son bonding time on Saturday mornings at your local Lowe's store. The projects are fun and free!
  • Car troubles. My car started riding really rough during our June road trip and despite several visits to the dealer, they couldn't "find" the problem. Turns out it needed a new transmission (major thumbs down). Fortunately, we had purchased the extended warranty and it covered most of the cost (thumbs up).
  • Danielle. Crewe's nurse who we adopted as part of our family is no longer with us (thumbs down). Danielle is sharing her talents with newborns at a local hospital (thumbs up).
  • Overcast Mornings. These rare mornings are definitely thumbs up. The boys can play before it gets into the triple digits. This often means they end up playing in their jammies, but we'll take these mornings any day!
  • Preschool. My baby Cal starts preschool in a couple of weeks. He will love the social interaction and challenge (thumbs up). I'll miss my little buddy (thumbs down).

5 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE the picture of the boys playing in their PJs - incredibly cute. Good luck with preschool!

Ashley Kay said...

awww I cant believe Cal is going to preschool! i love this cute little post! miss you guys!

Karen said...

A fun post. Love those guys and can't wait to see you -- less than a month, but who is counting?

Sherrie Martineau said...

I think I vote with you on every one of the thumbs up & down reports, thanks for sharing. Yes, I do love reading your posts, I can hear your voice in every sentence! It's so great to see & be with you. Thanks for making the very large effort to be here in Utah as often as you do. We're looking forward to a bit more time with you in our home. Love you all!!

melba said...

Camile, Are you considering authoring a book (with pictures). I think your blog is priceless. I just read the last 2 and they are just like a visiting with you.

Hey Cal,
Wow you are getting so big I hardly recognized you at the train park. Congratulations on the marbelous chart. I think YOU are marvelous. Wishing you a Happy Time in pre-school.
I love you, see you soon, Nana