Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Birthday and Favorite Gift

On Monday I celebrated my 35th birthday with the men in my life. It doesn't get better than spending quality time with Chris, Cal and Crewe-ton all together. These guys gave me the royal treatment, spoiling me with good food, laughs, and a little time to myself (I'm sick that we didn't get a photo of all us together).

Chris took me to lunch (sans kiddos) at this new restaurant by our house. Yum! Dinner was gourmet restaurant quality, too. Chef Chris made scrumptious scallops, couscous, and steamed artichokes. He topped it of with my favorite cake of all time - Linda's Fudge Cake from the Cheesecake Factory.
Visiting with friends who stopped by with birthday wishes and goodies like the flowers below (thanks Jen and Chelsea) and hearing from so many out-of-town friends and family rounded out a great day.
Now, on to my favorite gift. A little background...my wedding ring went missing a few months ago. We knew Cal had taken it. We just didn't know where he put it. After searching every nook and cranny we resigned ourselves to the likely fact that he flushed it down the potty.

So, I got excited when I saw this little box cutely wrapped and read the "sorry" birthday note from Calahan. Inside the box was a beautiful silver band in my incredibly hard to find size 4. It fit perfectly and I felt good knowing that my ring finger would no longer be bare. A great gift, but may favorite was still to come.

After opening the gifts from the kiddos, I popped the top on Chris's clever packaging only to find a tiny box inside.
Inside this smaller box was a wedding ring that looked a whole lot like my old one -- only more sparkly, shiny and clean. Had Chris had my one-of-kind ring that he designed especially for me re-created? Nope, it was my original wedding ring -- rhodiumed, cleaned and buffed!

Chris confessed to spending several late night nights looking for the ring after the rest of us were fast asleep. He finally found it just three days before my b-day. Getting my original ring back in mint condition was my favorite gift. Thanks, CJ!

9 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Um CJ gets the husband of the year award for this one. SERIOUSLY! I don't even want to know what that guy had to see and go thru to find that. He is AMAZING! Nice work and Happy Birthday!

Niki said...

YEA!!!! Seriously, how did he find it? What an amazing b-day gift!!!

Melissa said...

Camille, I love the ring story! What an amazing birthday all-around. You are certainly the princess in your house of princes! Glad it was a good one.

Sherrie Martineau said...

That is so sweet! I can picture Chris scouring around quietly when everyone is sleeping, reminds me of the Elves & the Shoemaker story! What a birthday to remember! Now the burning questions is... where did he find it?

The Lunds said...

Happy Birthday! He definitely showed his great love and diligence, all for you! What a great memory.

melba said...

This is what story books are made of. Chris, what an awesome thing to do. I can't imagine how happy you were when the lost was found and so close to her birthday. You must have had some help from up above.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!
It has made my whole soul feel glad. Camille, you will probably never top your 35th. This was the best. Wishing you all happy days ahead.
Love all of you tons,
Nana

Ashley Kay said...

awww- Chris is such a great husband!! i'm so glad you got your ring back!

The Frosts said...

I started crying when I read the ring story. Husband of the year for sure. What an incredibly sweet and sentimental birthday gift. I'm sure you're thrilled to have your ring back. Sounds like it was a great day all around.

Abby Abreu said...

I'm glad Chris found your ring Camille! A new one would just not feel the same. Hope you had a great birthday!!