Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Round Six


Crewe underwent his sixth session of sclerotherapy yesterday at Phoenix Children's Hospital. The doctors were able to treat 20-25 cysts, the largest number of cysts in one session to date. As with his previous treatments, he's very swollen. Fortunately, he did not have to come home this time with any drains attached to his face. 

Crewe's next procedure is scheduled for October 9. In this surgery Dr. Raines will laser some of the abnormal tissue around Crewe's voicebox in an effort to get air to pass through his vocal cords so that we can hear him cry and make sounds. Until this experience with Crewe, I didn't appreciate what a beautiful sound a baby's cry can be. We are looking forward to hearing his little voice. 

5 comments:

Wendie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendie said...

Camille - He's making such progress! Prayers are being answered. He's so lucky to have you as a mom. Make sure you record those first sounds and post them here. That would be so cool to hear. You're right, not many people appreciate the cry of a baby. Challenges like you've had sure do help us keep things in perspective. That's one of the things I like about blogging - it helps you see the joys and blessings in little, every day things. I'll look forward to more updates.

Liz B said...

Oh that's so exciting! I wish I was still there with you guys. Cal and Crewe look as cute as ever. I miss all of you!

Ashley Kay said...

hi aunt camille!!
crewe is in my prayers and I can't wait to meet him in a few months! it sounds like he's doing a lot better!! and little callahan is just adorable! love you all!!

Mom said...

Every entry you make about Crewe is so precious. I can tell you love him so much and it makes all the rest of us love him. And, I had no idea about Callahan and milk!! I'm so sorry!