It’s hard to believe our little Crewe is two months old today. Despite spending 30 days of his short life in the hospital, he is showing amazing development and passion for life. He is also gaining weight at a very healthy pace, putting on 17 ounces in the last two weeks alone to bring him to 10 pounds 3 ounces.
Here are some of his highlights:
- LOVES to be held
- Smiles a lot, which makes his cheeks get even bigger
- Holds his head up unsupported
- Actually enjoys tummy time (unlike his older brother did)
- Eyes are turning really blue and getting bigger
- Very expressive with his face (he can often be seen giving his dad the “worried look”)
- Is super alert and loves to follow faces and noises with his eyes
So, what’s next?
Tomorrow Crewe’s case will be presented to 12-15 doctors that form the Vascular Malformations Clinic at Phoenix Children’s. The doctors, ranging from pediatric plastic surgeons, dermatologists and orthopedic surgeons to interventional radiologists, will collaborate and recommend a long-term treatment plan.
The “clinic” was just formed a few months ago and is one of only a handful in the country that focuses on anomalies like Crewe’s. One of the lead doctors in the group comes from the Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia, which is known for its treatment in these rare cases. We feel so grateful that Crewe’s case was accepted by the group.
Then, on Thursday Crewe will go in for another round of sclerotherapy at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. This round is scheduled as outpatient so we should be able to avoid an overnight stay at the hospital.
As Chris and I reflect on the past few months, we feel so thankful for friends and family who have gone above and beyond in lending us a hand. Your prayers have been such strength and we know that Crewe’s progress is a direct result of faith. Thank you.
c.jpg)
7 comments:
Yea! Thanks for making a new post! I'm so happy to see new photos of Crewe & Callahan!(of course Chris too!) We're excited for the team meeting Wednesday; the professionals paired with you as such great parents are just what is perfect for Crewe.
I miss seeing and holding the boys, give them some hugs for me.
love, Sherrie
Camille, what darling boys you have. I hope that the team meeting goes well and that Crewe can continue to grow and do great! We sure miss you guys! Love you!
Oh, what a sweet boy! I can totally tell that he looks like Chris. We'd love to help any way possible. I'll call you later this week. Thanks for the update, I can't wait to hear what the doctors say. What a blessing to have such a great resource available to you!
Your boys are as cute and sweet as can be. I am so glad for experts at Children's. Continued best wishes!
Loved the pictures and the wonderful news you received today.
We rejoice in the two of you and your wonderful family. My prayers continue for all of you.
Nana
Thanks for these updates!! My heart aches for what he must go through being poked so much. I just want to come there and hold him!!!!!!! He's so precious!!!!
Post a Comment