Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Calahan's First Haircut


Notice the chips in his hands!
Calahan is signing "more" as in "more chips if you want to keep cutting my hair!"
Yipee!  I'm all finished!

Salt and vinegar chips, a fountain drink, and cousin Mindy.  That's the recipe for a good toddler haircut.  If only I had figured that out a couple of months ago!  Calahan's hair had been curling in the back for several weeks and had sprouted a nice ringlet at the top. At first it was endearing, but then it grew old as his hair began to resemble a mullet and a mohawk. I just didn't have the guts to cut it myself. Thanks, Mindy for doing the honors.

And, yes, this really is just his first haircut. It took over a year for his hair to get to a point where we could cut it. We giggle when we remember that there were premies in the NICU that had more hair than Calahan when he came to visit Crewe last month.

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

That last picture and smile is so cute! I love it! You are so handsome Calahan.

lisacal said...

Good Bribes! It is so fun to get to see pictures of Calahan. We haven't seen him since he was so little. I remember the first haircuts. Since they are Calverts it takes a little longer for the hair to come in. Croix didn't have his first haircut until he was two. Caden looked like Charlie Brown until he was three. Keep us up to date on Crewe. Wish you could come to Lake Powell!