Tuesday, October 19, 2010

6 Things that Make Me Smile


1. Cal's commentary.


Here's a recent sampling:
  • "Mom, I want to go to the moon. I need a really, really tall ladder."
  • "Hey, those cookies need a lot more snow (sugar)."
  • "Look, Mom, I'm a blast-off man." (wearing his safety goggles from Lowe's and his Bob the Builder hat).
2. Crewe eating corn on the cob.
We seriously have to limit his corn consumption. He asks for it constantly!

3. Notes from my hubby.
Like this one that appeared recently on the cord of my flat iron:
Let me just admit it now -- if our house ever burns down, it's my fault. I have a problem remembering to always shut off small electronic appliances. This is the reason that almost every appliance we own has an auto-shut off. Well, my hair iron doesn't have an auto-shut off so it gets to wear cool jewelery like this "unplug me" tag.

4. Kelly working with Crewe.
Notice who's wearing the bib in this shot. Learn by example, right?

5. High Temperatures below 100.
Finally, we're out of hibernation season and enjoying life outside again.

6. Primary Children.
My new church job is being the chorister for the primary kids in our ward. I feel a bit intimidated never having served in primary before (or in music for that matter). Sunday was my first time in my new assignment and the kids put me totally at ease with their smiles, enthusiasm and sense of humor. I think I'm going to like it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post! give the boys hugs for me, that means Chris too.

Chelsea said...

I meant to tell you that my boys came home from church and immediately told me that they learned I am a Child of God in Spanish. 1. They never tell me what they did in church and 2. They were very excited about it! You must have done a great job! I knew you would!

Sherrie Martineau said...

aaahh I love all of your favorites!

Melissa said...

That picture of Crewe and the corn is priceless! Love it. Good luck with your new calling - Primary is the best.