Tuesday, July 13, 2010

That's Perfect!

Cal has taken it upon himself to try and "master" adult speak. I guess that's a requirement when you are an oldest child. For example, at a restaurant over the weekend he told the server who came to greet us that he'd like "a water with lemon, please." And would you believe that even though I ordered the same thing after him, he got his lemon and I didn't?

And then there's the "oh, mom, thank you for making ____, it was delicious!" But perhaps the phrase he likes to use most often is "oh, that's PERfect." I really wonder what he thinks "PERfect" means.

He proclaimed "oh, that's PERfect" after making this mess with his partner in perfection, Crewe.
He also declared Crewe's crib "PERfect" with the new addition of
"blue hot dogs" (aka Crewe's tubing for his mist collar machine).
Oh, and this one is great -- he added fringe to our alphabet "b" page and asked "Mom, isn't that PERfect? I love it!"
Funny thing is that this child probably knows more about perfection than I do. Cal, you're perfect for our family.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I totally agree with Calaman -- that is one perfect mess. He is so grown up! Give the perfect little man a hug from grammy.