Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scenes from Christmas Morning

This was the scene as Santa left it at 1:27 am on Christmas Morning.  And this is what it erupted into a few short hours later...
 
 ... pure euphoria! I love how this photo captures Cal's excitement -- the wrapping paper hurled excitedly into the air, the look of complete thrill on his face and the contagious energy spread to his grandparents.

Crewe test driving his new tricylce and Cal noticing his scooter on the other side of the tree...
 
 ...complete with five different sound effects (Santa apparently did not consult mom and dad on the sounds!).

 The biggest hit of Christmas morning was the electric train Santa left running around the Christmas tree.
It puffs real smoke, lights up and makes authentic train sounds. All of my boys, including (especially) Chris, were totally mesmerized.
  Watching with delight as Grandma opens one of her gifts.

 Teamwork for this big package from Grammy. 
And to top it off, Santa left a thank you note for the cookies Cal and Crewe left for him. Oh so fun! How I wish we could bottle the feelings and excitement of Christmas morning!

2 comments:

Niki said...

Ok, that train is amazing! We are coming to visit around Christmastime so we can see it! My boys would be in heaven!

Sherrie Martineau said...

I love all of the great things you are doing with your family; you are all adorable! I always have admired how you are able to stay so centered. --Love you guys!