Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Announcer and Trapeze Artist

There is one Sunday per year when I feel like the odds are pretty attractive for our kids behaving well during Sacrament Meeting -- the Sunday of the Primary Program (kids aged 4-12 do the whole meeting). Today was that lucky Sunday.

If you count having an announcer and trapeze artist as part of the program, well, our kids behaved just perfectly. Calahan (still in nursery until January) took it upon himself to {loudly} announce the name of each primary child he knew as the child approached the podium to do the assigned part. "There'ssssss Bennett!" The giggles from some in the congregation only provided further encouragement for his announcing.

Meanwhile, Crewe was enthralled with the darling family behind us and spent most of the meeting standing on the pew with his back to us, facing the family and playing with the dad. While exchanging smiles and giggles, Crewe lost his balance and took a dive face first over the back of the pew. His form was actually quite remarkable. Fortunately, the dad of the family is an athlete with quick reflexes and caught Crewe before he smashed into the ground. Crewe sat up afterwords with a look that said "that went exactly how I had hoped" and made himself comfortable on Mike's lap.

Maybe next year?

2 comments:

melba said...

Loved the description, especially of Crewe. I could visualize it and think probably it is a scene that may stay in your mind forever. Good for a laugh for sometime to come.
I can also hear Cal announcing the children he knew. I'll bet he wanted to use the microphone each time.
Thanks for sharing such events with me.
Love to all,
Nana

Mom said...

heheheheheheheheh!! :)