My friend Melissa tagged me on facebook to write 25 random facts about myself. So, here you have it - 25 things that you may have never wanted to know about me. :+)
- I can't stand hot dogs and I once turned down $100 to eat a hot dog off a street vendor in Manhattan. Hello, have you ever read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair?
- My toe nails are never without polish. Fire engine red is usually my color of choice, but sometimes I mix it up with a hot pink.
- I speak Spanish with an Argentine accent. As a missionary in Chile, most of my companions were from Argentina and they taught me to speak “south American.” I’m trying to learn “Mexican” here in AZ.
- I hate leftovers. As a kid, clean-out-the-fridge night was my least favorite night of the week. Unfortunately, my love for leftovers has not increased with my age.
- My favorite chore is ironing. There’s just something really satisfying about getting the wrinkles out of something. I love a crisp white shirt. I iron my boys’ clothes. Crazy, but true.
- Hawaiian Papaya is one of my most favorite treats. With a little freshly squeezed lime, it’s the perfect way to start the day.
- I get a delivery from Amazon.com at least once a week. The prime membership is worth every penny. With their free two-day shipping, I have no idea how they make any money one me. I purchase everything from diapers and my kids’ vitamins to Halloween costumes and books.
- My athletic ability is lacking or just severely underdeveloped. After taking a beginning tennis class a few years ago, I was told that I needed to repeat the course. Embarrassing. Really embarrassing.
- BYU was the only college I applied to (good thing I got in!). Go cougs!
- I take along my own mini-down comforter when I travel. Chris refers to it affectionately as my “purple blankee.” Kate, if you’re reading this, “purple blankee” is the blanket you gave me for my birthday 8 years ago. Thanks!
- The first car I ever owned was a used baby blue Geo Prism. Yep, you guessed it, a hatchback. Got it my junior year at BYU. I thought it was cool because it had a car phone (purchased it from a telecom company).
- The only thing Chris and I will NOT share is an order of French Fries – get your own, darling, he says!
- I love making lists. Now, if I could just figure out how to accomplish all of those things on my to do lists.
- I have never broken a bone in my body. Knock on wood. However, I did lose one of my permanent front teeth when I was just 8 years old.
- I always check to see if the latch is pulled all the way on a hotel room door when I step outside to leave a room service tray. On a business trip a few years ago, I got locked out of my room wearing only a towel (My luggage didn't make it and my only pair of clothes were drying in the shower).
- It took two years for my in-laws to learn my name.
- I hate feet. The only adult feet I have intentionally ever touched are my husband’s. When I was growing up, my siblings would sometimes call a “foot attack” and they would all put their feet on me. So mean!
- I want to learn how to take good photos.
- I’m fascinated with American History. I can’t learn enough about our founding fathers, their challenges, wisdom and inspiration.
- I’m terrified of snakes. Short, long, rattles, no rattles – they all scare me. I just can’t understand why anyone would have a snake as a pet.
- I’m a night owl, but I wish I were a morning person. Morning people just seem to get so much more done.
- Eating a good meal outside on a nice day is one of my favorite things to do.
- I received the “shy award” in kindergarten. By nature, I’m more of an introvert, but I have learned to become somewhat of an extrovert.
- My great-grandmother and I were good friends. Grandma Howell didn’t pass away until I was 25 so we got a lot of good time in. A long time from now, when I’m a grandma, I want to be just like her.
- I watch American Idol. I became a fan shortly after Calahan was born. Chris and I didn’t get out much those first few weeks and American Idol became a Tuesday and Wednesday night staple that has lasted.
If you'd like to play along, please post 25 random tidbits about yourself!
c.jpg)
2 comments:
I loved your 25 random things, it made me feel like I was right there talking to you! I'm so glad I've known you for all of your great years of life, you are one fantastic person!
Thanks for posting new pics of Crewe, wow he is changing so much! I love his smile and can just imagine his giggle!
Love to all of you!
~Sherrie
Camille, I don't know how you do it but thanks for taking the time to write your 25 random things. I feel like we just had a wonderful visit. I am sorry to say I wanted to be just like Grandma Howell too, but that is not an inherited trait, it is something that comes naturally and I think you have it. She also was a night owl.
By the way I WANTED to know all those 25 things.
Love you all,
Nana
Post a Comment